Ashley Hadler HerschbergerAssociate
Ashley Hadler Herschberger joined Levin & Perconti in April 2013. Ashley is a graduate of the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. She is licensed to practice law in both Illinois and Indiana. Ashley currently accepts and has cases pending throughout both states. She was recently listed as an Illinois Rising Star in 2015, 2016, & 2017 by Super Lawyers.
As a trial attorney at Levin & Perconti, Ashley works on numerous nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, birth injury and personal injury cases. In 2014, Ashley played a key role in recovering over $4.5 million in settlements on behalf of our clients. This recovery was comprised, in part, by the following cases:
- A $1.4 million settlement in a nursing home pressure sore case;
- A $950,000 settlement in a nursing home fall and pressure sore case;
- A $750,000 settlement in a nursing home fall case;
- A $375,000 settlement in a nursing home fall and pressure sore case;
- A $375,000 settlement in a hospital pressure sore case;
- A $350,000 settlement in a nursing home drowning case;
- A $350,000 settlement in a nursing home fall case; and
- A $325,000 settlement in an assisted living facility entrapment case.
Ashley’s professional and educational experiences sparked her interest in medical malpractice and nursing home litigation. Ashley has an extensive background in science including biology, chemistry and physics. During law school, she chose a path that merged her interests and completed a Certificate in Health Law which allowed her to concentrate on topics including medical malpractice, insurance law and elder law. She was also a member of the Health Law Society.
“I am committed to providing attentive and compassionate client services,” said Ashley. “I reserve the utmost respect for my clients and their families and take pride in my ability to lead them through difficult and unfamiliar legal proceedings in their time of need.”
Client testimonial from a nursing home client: “Thank you so very much Ashley for everything you have done for my father. We greatly appreciate your commitment to those who cannot fend for themselves in facilities and situations where they can face harm. We are forever grateful.” - Laura Fowler
Ashley grew up in Greensburg, Indiana and attended DePauw University, where she obtained her B.A. in Biology. She is dedicated to making herself available as a resource to current students of her alma maters in hopes that they too will find an enjoyable and highly-rewarding career. Outside the office, Ashley loves reading, her bulldog and the Indianapolis Colts.
J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2011
Indiana University Alumni Association board member
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois Women’s Bar Association
Indianapolis Bar Association
Indiana State Bar Association
Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity
Member Since, 2003
Indiana Alumni Association--Chicago Chapter
Board Member Since, 2016
IUAA Professional Enrichment Committee
Member Since, 2014, Chair, 2016
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Member Since, 2014
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education. "Protecting the Rights of Elderly Clients through Nursing Home Litigation," Chicago, IL. April 16, 2015.
- "Mechanics of a Nursing Home Fall Case." NACLE. March 2016.
- "Proving Your Case through Written Discovery." NACLE. January 2016.
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2015, 2016, 2017