Chicago Nursing Home Lawyer Information Center
Contact Our Experienced Nursing Home Abuse and Negligence Attorneys Serving Chicago and Surrounding Communities
We trust nursing homes and assisted living facilities with our loved ones; in fact, many of us have no choice, especially if our elderly family members are suffering from a particular illness and have specific medical needs that must be provided 24 hours a day.
However, it seems like every day, there are stories captured on the news featuring innocent residents being abused or neglected in these facilities. Many of the stories capture alarmingly high statistics concerning rates of bedsores suffered by these residents, for example; others describe financial exploitation by those closest to them every day.
If you suspect that a loved one is being neglected or abused, it is crucial that you look into contacting local authorities, and potentially an experienced nursing home attorney to obtain guidance and advice. Levin & Perconti is dedicated to representing victims of nursing home abuse and/or neglect.To Get Started
You can view our comprehensive nursing home brochure by clicking here. If you would like to receive our brochure in hard copy, we would be happy to send it to you--call our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Additional ResourcesSpecific Issues & Some of Our Cases
- May 9, 2016: Nursing Home Neglect Blamed for Resident’s Death
- May 6, 2016: Nursing Homes Reviewed Using Industrial Science Techniques
- May 4, 2016: Nursing Home Was Negligent—Caused Resident’s Injury and Death
- May 2, 2016: Levin & Perconti Nursing Home Neglect Lawsuit Filed in Resident’s Death
- April 29, 2016: Nursing Home Neglect Responsible for Respiratory Complication
- Cases filed in 2013
Some of the verdicts and settlements we have obtained on behalf of victims of nursing homes include:
- S.A. v. HCR Manor Care Homewood: $2.9 million record nursing home jury verdict against a suburban Homewood nursing home for the family of a deceased 57-year-old resident who was suffocated due to the home’s negligent care of her tracheostomy tube.
- S.W. v. Renaissance at Hillside, Inc.: $2.8 million record nursing home pressure sore settlement against a suburban Hillside nursing home and physician for a 59-year-old resident who developed multiple painful and infected bedsores which took four years to heal.
- J.M. as administrator of the estate of M.M. v. Senior Lifestyle Maplewood Limited Partnership d/b/a Kingsley Place and Lincoln Square, Barry A. Rapaport, M.D., et al.: $2.3 million settlement for the family of an 88-year-old assisted living facility resident who developed severe and infected bed sores which ultimately brought about her death. Her doctor was criminally indicted for his conduct and charged with involuntary homicide.
View more by visiting here.Nursing Home General Information & Articles
- Nursing Home Laws- Federal Laws
- Illinois Nursing Home Laws
- Identifying Abuse and Neglect
- Arbitration Agreements in Nursing Home Contracts
- Illinois Nursing Home Liability Insurance
- Who are the Illinois Long-Term Care Ombudsmen?
- What to look for in nursing home admission contracts
- How do I file a lawsuit against an Illinois nursing home?
Find address, ownership and CMS rating information for homes that we have filed lawsuits against here: Nursing Homes in IllinoisIllinois Nursing Home Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a negligent or abusive practice or incident in a nursing home, contact us today to find out how we can help.