Colleen Mixan MikaitisAssociate
Colleen Mixan Mikaitis graduated from the John Marshall Law School in January 2013 and joined Levin & Perconti in April 2013 after passing the Illinois Bar exam. As an associate attorney, Colleen advocates on behalf of victims of negligence in all types of personal injury and wrongful death matters. Colleen's notable settlements include:
- $3.5 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.49 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.45 million medical malpractice settlement
- $950,000 nursing home negligence settlement
- $900,000 nursing home negligence settlement
- $600,000 medical malpractice settlement
- $500,000 nursing home negligence settlement
- $100,000 nursing home negligence verdict
Colleen has extensive experience in the area of plaintiff's personal injury litigation. Prior to and during law school, she worked as a law clerk for two Chicago-area personal injury firms. Her experiences influenced her decision to pursue a career in personal injury litigation and taught her the importance of nurturing client relationships. "I enjoy getting to know my clients so I can better understand how their lives have been affected by their injury or loss of a loved one. These bonds motivate me to achieve the best possible outcomes for each of my clients."
As a student at John Marshall, Colleen completed an externship with federal judge John W. Darrah in the Northern District of Illinois in the Summer of 2012. She was named to the Dean's list for several consecutive terms and also received a CALI Award for Illinois Civil Procedure in the Fall of 2012. Additionally, she served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Rogelio Lasso for two semesters.
Outside of work, Colleen is involved in both bar and charitable organizations. She is a member of the Women's Bar Association of Illinois, a Board Member of the McAuley Law Society and the Chicago Bar Association. She is also involved with Special Olympics.
Colleen grew up on the south side of Chicago and attended Mother McAuley High School. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a degree in Political Science. In her free time, Colleen loves reading, traveling, waterskiing, and running.
J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 2013
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2007
Women’s Bar Association
Mother McAuley Law School Society
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Young Lawyer’s Division
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company's List of "40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" in Illinois in 2018
- Emerging Lawyer Leading Lawyers 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2015 - 2018