Marvet M. Sweis Drnovsek joined Levin & Perconti in July 2011 after being admitted into the Illinois State Bar in May 2011.
In October 2015, Marvet was named to the Law Bulletin Publishing Company's list of "40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" in Illinois for 2015. To view Marvet's profile, click here.
As an associate attorney, Marvet concentrates her practice in the areas of medical malpractice, wrongful death, and catastrophic personal injury cases. Since joining the firm, she has played an integral role as Director of Intake and Case Management for a number of personal injury and medical malpractice cases.
“As the initial contact attorney at Levin & Perconti, my job is to listen and assess, monitor and ensure, and guard and protect the integrity of our cases,” said Marvet. “I realize that when clients reach out to our firm, they are doing so under the most calamitous of circumstances. Being the shoulder on which our clients can lean, and being the voice on which our clients can depend brings great meaning to the work I do.” She believes the relationship between the client and the attorney is critical from the initial moment of contact through the final disposition of a case.
In 2015, Marvet was elected to the board of the Arab-American Bar Association of Illinois. Additionally, Marvet was named an Illinois Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2014 and 2015. She was appointed by the Honorable Judge William J. Haddad to serve on the Executive Board of the AM-VOTE Political Action Committee, where she also serves as Chair of the Youth Committee.
As a law student, Marvet was named to the Dean’s List and the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity. She served as President of The Middle Eastern Law Students Association (MELSA) and was the recipient of The Arab-American Bar Association of Illinois’ 2010 Merit Award. She also received a Merit Award for Distinguished Service from the organization’s student chapter.
Marvet has also been asked by the Honorable Margaret O'Mara Frossard to sit on the Executive Committee for The John Marshall Law School’s Advisory Board, where she mentors law students, advises new attorneys on the practice area of personal injury, and lectures about professionalism in the practice of law. She was profiled in The John Marshall Law School's newest prospective student viewbook. You can view her profile by following this link
Prior to law school, Marvet interned with the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office and The Domestic Violence Legal Clinic. She spent two years working as a paralegal at a reputable Chicago disability law firm where she gained valuable experience and exposure to the legal field. As a result of these positions, Marvet decided to become an attorney in order to continue to help others pursue justice and fair compensation.
Marvet graduated from DePaul University in 2004, where she received a dual bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Psychology, with a concentration in Human Services. She was inducted into Pi Sigma Alpha: Political Science Honors Society and is a proud alumna of Mother McAuley Liberal Arts High School, which advocates the empowerment and advancement of young women. She remains active with the Mother McAuley Alumnae Association and recently became a member of the Mother McAuley Law Society.
Awards and Honors
- Top “40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" in Illinois, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2015
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Emerging Lawyer Leading Lawyers, 2015 - 2017
Professional & Bar Association Memberships Executive Board Member
- John Marshall Law School's Advisory Board (appointment by Hon. Margaret O'Mara Frossard)
- AMVOTE-Political Action Committee (appointment by Hon. William J. Haddad)
- John Marshall Law School Alumni Association
- Arab-American Bar Association of Illinois (Vice President)
- Arab-American Business & Professional Association of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Mother McAuley Liberal Arts High School's Alumnae Law Society
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
Presentations & Publications
- John Marshall Law School, Diversity in the Law Panel Discussion. March 2017.
- Chicago Bar Association's Press Conference on Executive Order. February 2017.
- Arab-American Bar Association of Illinois, 25th Anniversary Tribute Documentary. December 2016.
- Decalogue Tablets, Building a Bridge with our Ladies of Justice. August 2016.
- National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, Intake Process and Ethical Considerations in Nursing Home Cases . April 2015.
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education: Nursing Home Litigation Seminar, Case Intake. February 2015.
- Fox News, Rules of Snow Shoveling in Chicago. February 2015.
- Illinois Department on Aging: Adult Protection and Advocacy Conference, Elder Rights through Civil Litigation. August 2013.
- John Marshall Law School, Professionalism and Engagement Panel Discussion. November 2012.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice Illinois, 2011
John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, Juris Doctor, January 2011
- Dean's List and Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- President of the Middle Eastern Law Students Association
- Recipient of the 2010 Merit Award by the Arab-American Bar Association of Illinois and Student Organization Merit Award for Distinguished Service by Dean of John Marshall Law School
- January 2011 Class Gift Committee for John Marshall Law School Foundation
Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL, ABA Paralegal Certification, June 2006
- Honors in following courses: Pre-Trial, Trial & Post-Trial Litigation; Ethics; Civil Law; Commercial Law
DePaul University, Chicago, IL, Bachelor of Arts, Double Major: Political Science & Psychology, June 2004
- Dean's List and Pi Sigma Alpha: Honors Society
- Illinois 2002 Senate Campaign: Campaign Advocate and Circle K Community Service Organization: Board Member