Kelly Sabo Gaden
Levin & Perconti Names Attorney Kelly Sabo Gaden as Firm’s Newest Partner
Levin & Perconti is thrilled to welcome our newest partner, attorney Kelly Sabo Gaden. With nearly 15 years of experience in representing nursing home abuse and neglect victims and their families, medical malpractice, and other personal injury cases, she adds further depth to the industry-leading firm’s practice in representing and protecting our most vulnerable communities.
“Kelly is an extremely talented and effective trial attorney. She will make a strong addition to the firm in this leadership role,” said founding partner Steven Levin. “She shares our mission of holding nursing homes accountable for poor care and protecting the rights of long-term care residents.”
Throughout her career, she has been a strong advocate for victims of nursing home abuse and neglect, and medical malpractice. Most notably, Sabo Gaden has secured more than $50 million in jury verdicts and settlements for clients who have been seriously or fatally injured in long-term care facilities.
- $1.675 million settlement against an assisted living facility settlement for a 93-year-old resident who died of exposure.
- $1.5 million settlement against a community-integrated living arrangement agency on behalf of the family of a 31-year-old who sustained traumatic brain injuries and died.
- $1.225 million settlement against a supportive living facility and a nursing home for the death of an 87-year-old who fell.
- $1.011 million in a record-setting verdict against a nursing home for a resident who fell during a transfer. This is the highest verdict ever awarded in Illinois for a hip fracture without a death.
- $972,000 jury verdict against a nursing home and management company for the death of a nursing home resident who fell.
- $895,000 settlement against a nursing home facility for a resident who eloped from the facility and froze to death due to hypothermia.
Before joining Levin & Perconti, Sabo Gaden led the long-term care and medical malpractice group at Malman Law. She quickly emerged as a leader and obtained several record-setting verdicts on behalf of her clients. This includes a $1 million judgment that was the highest-ever verdict in Illinois for a hip fracture without death. She also helped manage the firm’s healthcare division and trained and served as a mentor to newer attorneys.
Expanding and Advancing Leadership Roles for Women
Sabo Gaden is well regarded by her clients and peers alike and dedicated to young lawyers’ professional advancement, particularly women. As a mentor and an active member of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, she helps organize events to provide networking opportunities for women lawyers to connect, support, and learn from one another.
“The best way to empower women is to advocate and mentor female attorneys. In my practice, I focus on lifting attorneys by giving advice and leading by example. And, I take every opportunity to ensure a woman’s voice is included,” Sabo Gaden recently told the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, “Often, we see in our practice, we can be our own worst enemy, by not giving ourselves the credit we deserve or through allowing others to speak over us. True empowerment comes from asserting your voice and ensuring your viewpoint is heard.”
She is also involved with the Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association, the American Association for Justice and its Nursing Home Litigation Group, and the Illinois State Bar Association. With Sabo Gaden, Levin & Perconti’s partnership now includes 11 members, five of whom are women.
- Steven M. Levin, Founder, and Senior Partner
- John J. Perconti, Founder, and Senior Partner
- Susan L. Novosad
- Michael F. Bonamarte IV
- Margaret P. Battersby Black
- Cari F. Silverman
- Jaime Koziol Delaney
- Andrew J. Thut
- Dov Apfel
- Seth L. Cardeli
Originally from south suburban Orland Park, Kelly lives in Chicago with her husband, Brian, and daughters, Charlotte (“Charlie”) and Amelia. A sports enthusiast, you can find her cheering for Chicago sports teams, particularly the Chicago Bears. Kelly also enjoys experiencing different cultures through travel and cuisine and is involved with many charitable organizations, including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Learn More About the Chicago-Based Lawyers at Levin & Perconti Law Firm
Levin & Perconti is a nationally renowned law firm concentrating on all types of personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death litigation. Our lawyers are committed to protecting and vindicating the rights of people who are injured by others’ negligence. Our work is possible because of all the voices we bring to the table. The firm is nationally known for its pioneering work on behalf of nursing home residents and holds multiple records for verdicts and settlements in the practice area.
- Last year, the legal team was ranked by Jury Verdict Reporter among the top five plaintiff’s firm in Illinois for having secured more settlements of $500,000 and up over any other law firm in the state.
- In 2020, partners Margaret Battersby Black and Mike Bonamarte joined Levin & Perconti partnersSteven Levin, John Perconti, and Susan Novosad for achieving the notable 2020 Illinois Super Lawyer title.
More importantly, the firm thrives on multi-generational mentorship and recruiting young attorneys while transitioning them from student to teacher, creating valuable opportunities to learn and lead. With experience under their belt, attorneys like Sabo Gaden, become empowered to do the teaching and produce top results time-after-time, sometimes record-breaking verdicts for clients.
Partnering with The Best Personal Injury Legal Team in Illinois
Together, our Chicago personal injury lawyers and staff bring more than 130 years of legal and medical expertise to bear on each case we handle. Our exceptional level of talent, experience, and commitment is the reason why Levin & Perconti consistently achieves the best possible results for our clients.
Please contact us for a free consultation at 877-374-1417 or in Chicago at 312-332-2872. All calls and discussions with our attorneys are confidential.