Sangamon County, located in central Illinois, is home to Springfield, the state capital. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health's website, there are 21 nursing homes in the county.
Our firm was founded in 1992 by Steve Levin and John Perconti. They were among the first attorneys in the entire country to represent older people in nursing home abuse and neglect matters. Since our inception, we have recovered over $660 million for clients, including a number of record verdicts and settlements. Our lawyers are known statewide for our success on behalf of victims of abuse and negligence in nursing homes and many fellow attorneys turn to us when their clients require the assistance of an experienced nursing home lawyer.
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury in a nursing home, we welcome the opportunity to help you. Call us at 877-374-1417 for a free phone consultation with one of our lawyers.
Most families do not know where to turn when a family member suffers a serious injury or dies as a result of negligence in a nursing home. However, it is very important to choose a firm that has a great deal of experience handling nursing home cases because they typically involve complex medical and legal issues.
You should also seek out a firm that has a proven record of success in these cases to ensure that you receive fair compensation for the harms caused. We are proud to be able to offer years of experience and significant resources to potential clients, and with today's technologies, we have the ability to represent clients throughout Illinois in nursing home abuse and neglect lawsuits.
If you suspect that your loved one has suffered as a result of abuse or neglect, do not wait to take action, as there are time limitations for filing nursing home lawsuits in Illinois. Some of the most common signs of nursing home negligence include:
- Pressure sores (also know as bed sores)
- Frequent falls
- Weight loss or dehydration
- Unexplained bruising
- Changes in demeanor
- An unclean room or living conditions
- Foul smells
- Soiled bedding
You can also contact us online if you would rather have one of our lawyers call you back at a time that is convenient for you. Fill out our Contact Us form or submit your contact information and a brief summary of your case to our chat representatives and they will immediately forward it along to us.
We have filed cases against facilities in Sangamon County including:Springfield, IL
- Name of Nursing Home: Regency Nursing Care Residence
- Address: 2120 W Washington, Springfield, IL 62702
- Type of Ownership:* LLC
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:* E. Sabath, H.J Sabath
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 3 out of 5 stars
- Name of Nursing Home: Capitol Healthcare Center and Rehab
- Address: 555 West Carpenter Street, Springfield, IL 62702
- Type of Ownership:* LLC
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:* not available
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 1 out of 5 stars
* Information from the Illinois Department of Public Health's Nursing Homes in Illinois website on April 11, 2013
** Information from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' Nursing Home Compare website on April 11, 2013