Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers
Levin & Perconti is a nationally renowned law firm concentrating in all types of serious injury, medical malpractice, nursing home, and wrongful death litigation. Our Chicago personal injury attorneys are committed to protecting and vindicating the rights of people who are seriously injured by the negligence of others.
If you would like to talk to a Chicago personal injury attorney about a potential case, call us at 312-332-2872 or toll-free at 877-374-1417 for a free consultation. You can also complete our website contact form and a lawyer will call you back.
Our lawyers have successfully handled all types of injury and accident matters throughout Illinois, including but not limited to those involving:
- Personal Injury
Personal injury lawsuits arise when people are injured by the careless or intentional acts of others. When someone is determined to be legally responsible for injuring someone else, they are liable for the injury and may be made to compensate the victim.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
These types of lawsuits commonly involve wandering and elopement, bed sores/pressure ulcers, falls in nursing homes, elder abuse, physical or sexual assault, physical or chemical restraints, malnutrition or dehydration, choking, clogged breathing tubes, burns and other personal injuries that occur in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and by home healthcare providers.
- Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice claims and lawsuits arise when patients are injured or killed as a result of the careless or intentional acts of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider. These commonly involve medical errors, injuries at birth, surgical errors, pharmacy medication errors, misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose cancer (breast, bladder, lung, ovarian, cervical, pelvic), misread tests or X-rays, HMO misconduct, adverse drug reactions, and medical device failure.
- Wrongful Death
Wrongful death as a legal term is a death that has been caused by the fault of another person. For example, deaths caused by drunk driving, the manufacture of a defective or dangerous product, the construction of an unsound structure or building, or failing to diagnose a fatal disease may be considered under the law as "wrongful deaths."
- Products Liability
Products liability is an area of personal injury law that focuses on dangerous and defective products. Our attorneys represents injured victims throughout Illinois area in matters against corporations or manufacturers who have sold or manufactured unsafe products to consumers.
- Car Accidents and Truck Accidents
Every time a driver gets behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, he or she is accepting responsibility for the safety of everyone else on the road. Accidents can and do happen. But if a driver's negligent behavior or careless actions lead to the personal injury or death of another party, that driver must be held accountable.
We are proud to offer clients over 150 years of combined litigation experience and our record of success has earned us widespread acclaim. Year after year, Steve Levin and John Perconti have been honored by fellow lawyers as two of the top personal injury attorneys in Illinois. Our firm is well-respected by adversaries who know that we will never settle a case for less that full compensation, and many of the best lawyers in the country feel confident recommending our services to their own clients.
Our goal is simple: to achieve the best possible results for each of our clients in every case we handle. It is a goal we have been consistently successful in meeting. Since 1992, our personal injury team has recovered more than $520 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients, including a number of record results.
If you have questions about a potential lawsuit, we can help. Call us at 312-332-2872, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online contact form and a personal injury lawyer from our firm will call you back.
All consultations are free and if we accept your case, you pay no fees unless or until we successfully resolve your case.
Our firm is located in Chicago but our attorneys handle personal injury lawsuits for clients throughout Illinois.
$17.7 million medical malpractice settlement for a former police officer who suffered a life-altering brain injury due to nursing staff negligence at a Chicago hospital
$14 million record medical malpractice verdict against a doctor and hospital for ignoring X-ray results delaying a diagnosis of lung cancer
$10 million settlement for a boy who was run over by a Chicago fire truck resulting in a leg amputation
Chicago Birth Injury Lawyer Blog
- Saving Lives: Preventing BPD in Infants Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) is a serious lung disease affecting newborns. According to the American Lung Association, it generally occurs in
- Pregnancy & Birth Risks: Early Preeclampsia and Fetal Death Preeclampsia is a serious medical condition that can prove fatal for the mother and child. A study in the March issue of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Chicago Brain Injury Lawyer Blog
- Musical Therapy for Brain Injuries Immediate action is vital to the successful treatment of a traumatic brain injury (TBI). As soon as the causing event occurs, damage begins spreading
- Longer Recovery for Hockey-Related Brain Injuries Traumatic brain injury (TBI) incidents are commonly in the news, especially in relation to the game of football. The National Football League, along
Chicago Car Accident Lawyer Blog
- Despite Dangers, Motorcycle Use Continued to Climb: Tips for New Riders With a forecasted high of just 30 degrees this weekend in Chicago, most motorcyclists aren't dusting off their bikes just yet. However, Spring really
- Commonly Held Myths About Child-Pedestrian Safety Debunked Roughly one-fifth of all child car accident fatalities under the age of ten are pedestrians, and most often, these accidents occur during the hours
Illinois Truck Accident Lawyer Blog
- American Trucking Industry Reports Decline in Truck Accident Fatalities to Congress As our regular readers know, trucking accidents are serious matters, often causing serious personal injuries and deaths due to the weight and speed of
- NTSB Examines Chicago Crash that Took the Life of a Tollway Worker Last January, our lawyers were shocked and saddened by news that an Illinois toll way worker's life was needlessly ended as the result of an accident