Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Our medical malpractice attorneys represent clients who are injured or killed by the careless or intentional acts of healthcare providers such as hospitals, doctors, nurses, psychiatrists, dentists, chiropractors and podiatrists. When these medical errors cause a patient to suffer a significant injury or death, (but the actions do not rise to the level of a crime), they can provide the basis for a medical malpractice lawsuit.
What Types of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Do We Handle?
We handle a variety of medical malpractice claims for clients in Chicago and throughout Illinois, including those arising out of:
- Missed Diagnosis
- Delayed Diagnosis
- Lack of Informed Consent
- Birth Injuries
- Healthcare Provider Errors
- Misread X–ray, Slides, and Ultrasounds
- Medical Device Errors
- HMO Misconduct
- Medication / Pharmaceutical Errors
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Dental Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
For over 20 years, our malpractice lawyers have successfully fought for victims of medical negligence in Illinois. Armed with this experience, our litigation team is prepared to handle the most complex medical malpractice matters for clients.
Since 1992, we have recovered over $520 million for clients, including a number of record verdicts and settlements. This outstanding record of success has earned us the respect of both our peers and adversaries who know we will never accept less than full compensation for our clients.
There are statutes of limitations for filing medical malpractice lawsuits in Illinois, so it is important to take action as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Call us for a free consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer
Contact us through our online form or call us toll-free at 877-374-1417 or 312-332-2872. Or, connect live with our chat operators and a lawyer from our firm will call you back.
Please note that you will never pay us fees unless we successfully resolve your case, so there is no risk in calling.
How can a medical malpractice suit help you?
Every year, over 98,000 people die as a result of preventable medical mistakes. When a medical provider is determined to be legally responsible for your injuries during medical care or treatment, they may be made to pay for the harms caused to you.
Injuries suffered as a result of medical negligence can be severe and life altering. Our malpractice lawyers understand that your immediate goals are to get your physician and hospital bills paid and covered, make sure you do not suffer financially through any lost wages, and make sure your insurance company will pay for future treatment relating to your injury. Our experienced attorneys will work with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to make sure all your needs are handled quickly and appropriately.
Medical malpractice lawsuits help to put an injured person back in the position he or she was in before being injured. In some cases, punitive damages are also awarded in medical malpractice lawsuits to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others. Medical malpractice suits also send a message to healthcare providers that poor care will not be tolerated. These actions motivate providers to deliver better care to patients to avoid future litigation.
- Where in Illinois do your attorneys practice?
- How much will a medical malpractice lawsuit cost me?
- How do I choose the best medical malpractice lawyer for my particular case?
- How do I determine if I have a medical malpractice lawsuit?
- What is involved in an initial consultation with an attorney?
- Should I contact a medical malpractice lawyer?
- How long do lawsuits usually take?
- What's the best way to contact your medical malpractice lawyers?
Want regular updates on medical malpractice cases and news? Follow Steve Levin on Google +.
- Negligent Care by Doctor Caused Permanent Eye Injuries Doctors are responsible for ensuring that their patients are properly cared for and that they provide the necessary diagnosis and treatment in every ....
- Negligent Post-Surgical Care Caused Woman’s Death People who have surgery expect that they will receive proper care and treatment after the procedure is completed. Post-surgical care is important to a ....
- Botched Hair Transplant Caused Disfigurement, Lawsuit For those who are balding, a hair transplant could seem like the answer to your dreams. But for one man, the procedure turned into a medical ....