Logan County Nursing Home Neglect
Frightening stories of nursing home abuse and neglect are reported so often in recent years that Illinois passed a new law that allowing families to install electronic monitoring devices (cameras) in their loved one’s nursing home unit. Recent statements received from the Illinois Department of Health reveal that approximately 19,000 nursing home abuse and neglect complaints are investigated every year.
The new legislation signed by Gov. Bruce Rauner, which went into effect the beginning of January 2016, will allow for cameras in nursing homes—giving families peace of mind.What if I Have Evidence of Nursing Home Abuse?
If you suspect that a loved one is a victim of abuse or neglect, you should file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Public Health, the state agency that enforces nursing home laws. Then, contact an experienced nursing home lawyer to discuss your case.
Nursing home abuse and neglect is a serious issue that affects hundreds of families each year in Illinois. Families with loved ones in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or in home health care should be aware of common signs of abuse and neglect, including:
- Bruises, cuts or broken bones
- Gastronomy or tracheotomy tube issues
- Prescription medication errors
- Pressure sores
- Sudden change in demeanor
- Wandering and elopement
The nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Levin & Perconti are located in Logan County in central Illinois, just north of Springfield. The 2000 census found approximately 31,000 people living in the county. According to Illinois Department of Public Health's Nursing Home website, there are nine long-term care facilities in Logan County.
Though we are headquartered in Chicago, our attorneys represent clients in nursing home cases throughout Illinois, including Logan County. Our human and technological resources allow us to meet with clients and investigate cases throughout your area, including towns like Elkhart, Mount Pulaski and Broadwell.Logan County Residents
Contact us through our website contact form or call us toll-free at 877-374-1417 to speak to one of our attorneys in a free and confidential consultation to evaluate your potential case. We are known throughout the state for our outstanding verdicts and settlements for individuals and families in these types of matters, and many of our fellow Illinois lawyers entrust to handle all of their clients' nursing home cases.
Some of the local facilities that we have filed cases against include:Mt. Pulaski, IL
- Name of Nursing Home: H & J Vonderlieth Living Center
- Address: 1120 N Topper Drive, Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
- Type of Ownership:* Non-Profit Corporation
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:*
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 4 stars out of 5 stars
- Name of Nursing Home: Kankakee Terrace
- Address: 100 Belle Aire, Bourbonnais, IL 60914
- Type of Ownership:* LLC
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:* J. Nassour, C. Meyer
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 5 out of 5 stars
To see more examples of some of our nursing home verdicts and settlements, visit our Successful Cases page.
* Information from the Illinois Department of Public Health's Nursing Homes in Illinois website
** Information from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' Nursing Home Compare website on 9/25/2012