Andrew J. ThutPartner
Andrew (A.J.) Thut graduated from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in May 2012 and began working at Levin & Perconti in July 2013.
In September 2017, A.J. was named to the Law Bulletin Publishing Company's list of "40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch" for 2017. In April 2020, A.J. was named Levin & Perconti’s newest Partner.
A.J. brings with him experience and a passion for serving clients who have been seriously injury or killed as a result of negligence. A.J. developed a desire to advocate for those injured by the negligence of others at an early age. A.J.’s father works as a plaintiff’s attorney and he clerked at a personal injury firm throughout law school. According to A.J., “As a Plaintiff’s trial attorney, I take pride in helping provide justice for people whose lives have been catastrophically altered when they have nowhere else to turn for help.”
A.J. plays a key role in a number of complex medical malpractice, nursing home, wrongful death and personal injury matters, from the outset of the case through trial. In 2015, A.J. helped obtain an $801,000 jury verdict on behalf of a family of a nursing home resident who suffered a hip fracture and developed a pressure ulcer. In 2017, A.J. obtained a $2.77 million jury verdict on behalf of a family of a nursing home resident who fell and sustained a traumatic brain injury. A.J.’s notable settlements include:
- $1.75 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.5 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.5 million medical and pharmaceutical malpractice settlement
- $1.45 million medical malpractice and nursing home failure to diagnose lung cancer settlement
- $1.4 million auto accident settlement
- $1.25 million nursing home and medical malpractice settlement for the failure to prevent hypoglycemia and death of a nursing home resident
- $1 million nursing home pressure ulcer settlement
- $1 million nursing home choking death settlement
- $810,000 nursing home hip fracture settlement
- $805,000 home healthcare auto accident injury settlement
- $750,000 construction injury settlement
A.J. grew up in Kildeer, IL where he was captain of the varsity soccer team at Stevenson High School. He played NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Player at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis before transferring to University of Illinois, where he majored in Political Science. A.J. now lives in suburban Arlington Heights, Illinois with his wife and daughter, and in his free time enjoys playing golf, running and spending time with friends and family.
J.D., Loyola Unversity School of Law, 2012
B.A., Political Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2008
Northern District of Illinois, 2013
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Young Lawyer’s Division
American Association of Justice
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
- Anatomy of a Medical Malpractice Trial
Chicago Bar Association MCLE, November 2018
- Deposition Strategies and Proving your Case with your Plaintiff
National Academy of Continuing Legal Education.
- Lawyers in the Classroom
Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago, 2014-2015
- "Respecting religious freedom without sacrificing justice: The right to wear religious garb in court proceedings"
Illinois State Bar Association Bench Bar Newsletter Vol. 42, No. 2 (October 2011) pp. 9- 10
- "Illinois' New Rule of Evidence"
Illinois State Bar Association Civil Practice Newsletter Vol. 47 (March 2012)
- Emerging Lawyer Leading Lawyers 2017
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company's list of "40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" in Illinois for 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2018-2020