Andrew (A.J.) Thut graduated from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in May 2012 and began working at Levin & Perconti in July 2013.
In September 2017, A.J. was named to the Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s list of “40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch” for 2017. In April 2020, A.J. was named Levin & Perconti’s newest Partner.
A.J. brings with him experience and a passion for serving clients who have been seriously injury or killed as a result of negligence. A.J. developed a desire to advocate for those injured by the negligence of others at an early age. A.J.’s father works as a plaintiff’s attorney and he clerked at a personal injury firm throughout law school. According to A.J., “As a Plaintiff’s trial attorney, I take pride in helping provide justice for people whose lives have been catastrophically altered when they have nowhere else to turn for help.”
A.J. plays a key role in a number of complex medical malpractice, nursing home, wrongful death and personal injury matters, from the outset of the case through trial. In 2015, A.J. helped obtain an $801,000 jury verdict on behalf of a family of a nursing home resident who suffered a hip fracture and developed a pressure ulcer. In 2017, A.J. obtained a $2.77 million jury verdict on behalf of a family of a nursing home resident who fell and sustained a traumatic brain injury.
A.J. grew up in Kildeer, IL where he was captain of the varsity soccer team at Stevenson High School. He played NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Player at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis before transferring to University of Illinois, where he majored in Political Science. A.J. now lives in suburban Arlington Heights, Illinois with his wife and daughter, and in his free time enjoys playing golf, running and spending time with friends and family.
A.J.'s notable achievements include:
medical malpractice settlement
medical malpractice settlement
- Illinois, 2012
- Northern District of Illinois, 2013
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Young Lawyer’s Division
- American Association of Justice
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Emerging Lawyer – Personal Injury Plaintiff, Leading Lawyers, 2021
- Emerging Lawyer Leading Lawyers, 2017
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s list of “40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch” in Illinois for 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2018-2022
- Claims Against Long-Term Care Facilities, Strafford Webinar, November 2022
- Anatomy of a Medical Malpractice Trial
Chicago Bar Association MCLE, November 2018
- Deposition Strategies and Proving your Case with your Plaintiff
National Academy of Continuing Legal Education.
- Lawyers in the Classroom
Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago, 2014-2015
- “Respecting religious freedom without sacrificing justice: The right to wear religious garb in court proceedings”
Illinois State Bar Association Bench Bar Newsletter Vol. 42, No. 2 (October 2011) pp. 9- 10
- “Illinois’ New Rule of Evidence”
Illinois State Bar Association Civil Practice Newsletter Vol. 47 (March 2012)