Automobile/Motor Vehicle Accidents
- $10 million settlement for a 5-year-old boy who was run over by a City of Chicago Fire Department truck while playing in an open fire hydrant on the Fourth of July, resulting in the loss of his leg and half of his pelvis.
R.C. v. Geils Farms et al.:
$6.5 million trucking accident settlement ($4.7 record Kane County wrongful death settlement) for the family of a 32-year-old woman who was killed when their pick-up truck was rear-ended by a semi-truck. Our client and his son both suffered significant personal injuries in the collision.
The defendant truck driver was found to be under the influence of marijuana and operating an over-loaded, unsafe truck. In violation of federal regulations, the defendant truck owners failed to drug-screen or perform background checks on their drivers.
S.D. v. City of Chicago and Dwight Washington:
- $2.4 million verdict for a 27-year-old man who suffered serious injuries when a Chicago City worker struck him and three others on a Gold Coast sidewalk in May 2011. Read more about this settlement
Estate of K.S. v. G&N Aircraft, Inc., et al.:
- $2.32 million settlement awarded to the family of a pilot whose Cessna small-engine airplane crashed shortly after takeoff because of a defective part in the carburetor.
R.G. v. Leider:
- $2.07 million verdict for a 23-year-old woman who suffered multiple leg fractures in an automobile collision.
D.T. v. Alltown Bus Service, Inc.:
- $1.25 million settlement for a 50-year-old woman who was struck by a bus while walking in a cross walk.
M.H. v. Chicago Transit Authority, et al.:
- $1.25 million settlement for a 77-year-old woman whose right leg was amputated above the knee when she was struck by a bus while walking across a bus terminal.
D.T. v. AllTown Bus Service, Inc, et al.:
- $1.25 million settlement for a 50-year-old woman who suffered multiple pelvic fractures, rib fractures, and spinal transverse process fractures when she was run over by a bus while walking in a crosswalk.
D.R. v. Northern Illinois Gas:
- $900,000 settlement for a mentally handicapped pedestrian who was struck by a gas company vehicle and suffered severe leg fractures.
L. E. v. Ferrara:
- $820,000 settlement for a 33-year-old plaintiff was passenger in auto hit by defendant auto causing car to flip over and extensive injuries to her arm requiring multiple orthopedic and plastic surgeries.
S.N., Individually and as Mother and next friend of A.N., a minor v. James A. Huskey
- $600,000 settlement for an 8-year-old girl who was struck by a boat, partially severing her foot and leaving her permanently disfigured with ongoing emotional and physical pain. The boat driver negligently failed to keep a lookout and maintain a safe speed.
S.K. v. Sullivan and UIM:
- $450,000 settlement for a 6 persons (2 adults and 4 children) who sustained multiple injuries with one child sustaining fatal injuries as result of a driver crossing the center line and hitting their van head on in DuPage County on Thanksgiving night 2002.