Jaime Koziol DelaneyPartner
Jaime Koziol Delaney is one of Chicago's rising medical malpractice lawyers and has played a key role in hundreds of nursing home and medical malpractice cases at the firm. She joined Levin & Perconti in 2012, and was promoted to partner in February 2020.
Jaime has substantial trial experience, and has secured many notable six and seven-figure settlements in nursing home cases involving falls and pressure sores, medical malpractice cases and birth injury cases. Over the course of her legal career, she has received verdicts and settlements totaling over $100 million.
As a young mom, one of Jaime's passions is seeking justice on behalf of clients who suffer injuries during childbirth. In 2019, Jaime obtained a $14 million settlement on behalf of a baby girl who was brain damaged at birth when an emergent c-section was not performed when her mother arrived at the hospital in distress. Jaime's notable settlements and verdicts include:
- $14 million birth injury settlement
- $9 million birth injury settlement
- $4.5 million birth injury settlement
- $3.6 million medical malpractice settlement for the death of a 26 year old - Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- $3.45 million medical malpractice settlement for an 80 year old
- $3 million medical malpractice settlement for 73 year old
- $2.5 million medical malpractice settlement
- $2 million birth injury settlement
- $1.17 million medical malpractice verdict for an 84 year old
- $1 million nursing home negligence settlement
- $1 million nursing home negligence settlement for medication error
- $1 million nursing home negligence settlement for bowel obstruction
- $965,000 nursing home pressure ulcer settlement
- $940,000 nursing home negligence settlement for a fall
- $900,000 medical malpractice settlement
- $801,564 medical malpractice verdict for 81 year old
Jaime is committed to reaching the best results for each of her clients, and realizes that most victims and families have never been involved in a lawsuit. Therefore, Jaime understands the importance of frequent communication with her clients and makes a point to reach out to them during each step of the litigation process. According to Jaime, "When working with clients, I strive to always be accessible to them, and always available to answer their questions and address their concerns."
In 2016, Jaime was named one of the 40 Lawyers Under 40 in the State of Illinois. This award is given to 40 outstanding attorneys throughout the state for their achievements on behalf of their clients, their communities and the legal profession. To view Jaime's 40 Under Forty profile click here. Jaime has been named as an Illinois Rising Star in each year since 2014.
Jaime graduated from DePaul College of Law in 2011, and Miami University in 2008 with a B.A. in Speech Communication and Journalism. She grew up in the Chicago northwest suburbs and graduated from Saint Viator High School. In addition to practicing law, Jaime is actively involved in the Illinois Trial Lawyers Women's Caucus, the Women's Bar Association of Illinois, the American Association for Justice, and the Illinois State Bar Association. In her free time, Jaime enjoys spending time with her two children, Burke and Reese, and her husband, Tom.
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2011
CALI Award for Excellence in Mediation Dean’s List Merit Scholarship 2008-2011
B.A., University of Miami, 2008
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois Bar Association
Women's Bar Association
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Young Lawyer’s Division
- Illinois Trial Lawyer Association, "Trial & Practice Tips" Seminar, Lecturer, "Opening Statements", May 1, 2020.
- Chicago Bar Association's Tort Committee, "So You're Trying Your First Nursing Home Case?: Some Things You Should Know," November 8, 2017.
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Board Walk Seminar, Lecturer, Nursing Home Litigation, "Depositions for Keeps," Atlantic City, NJ, April 27, 2016.
- Amazing Verdicts Seminar, Lecturer, January 26, 2016
- National Lewis University, Elder Law in a Nutshell, Lecturer, June 15, 2015.
- National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, Lecturer, "Mediation and Settlement in Nursing Home Cases," April 16, 2015.
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Lecturer, Nursing Home & Assisted Living Facility Litigation Seminar, "Liability Insurance Issues- Ethical, Practical, and Strategic Challenges" Collinsville, IL, February 12, 2015.
- Chicago Bar Association, Lecturer, Personal Injury Settlements, Probate Practice Committee Seminar, "Personal Injury Settlements in Probate," November 12, 2013.
- Women's Bar Association Newsletter, Legal Developments, Probate Estates in Survival and Wrongful Death Actions, September 2012.
- Emerging Lawyer Leading Lawyers 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2015 - 2020
- Top “40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" in Illinois by Chicago Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2016