Jaime Koziol DelaneyAssociate
Jaime Koziol Delaney graduated from DePaul University College of Law in May 2011 and began working at Levin & Perconti in April 2012.
Prior to joining the firm, Jaime clerked for a personal injury and medical malpractice firm, and this experience sparked her desire to advocate for those seriously injured or killed as a result of the negligence of others. Jaime is committed to reaching the best results for her each of her clients, and realizes that most victims and families have never been involved in a lawsuit. Therefore, Jaime understands the importance of frequent communication with her clients and makes a point to reach out to them during each step of the litigation process. According to Jaime, “When working with clients, I strive to always be accessible to them, and always available to answer their questions and address their concerns.”
As an associate, Jaime plays a key role in a number of complex medical malpractice, nursing home, wrongful death and personal injury matters. Jaime is involved in all steps of the litigation process, including case intake, drafting and filing complaints, and taking depositions. Currently, Jaime is working on a variety of cases, including a birth injury/medical malpractice case, a hospital fall lawsuit, and many nursing home negligence cases. Jaime's notable settlements and verdicts include:
- $9 million medical malpractice settlement
- $3.6 million medical malpractice settlement for the death of a 26 year old - Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- $2.5 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.17 million medical malpractice verdict
- $1 million nursing home negligence settlement
- $940,000 nursing home negligence settlement
- $900,000 medical malpractice settlement
- $801,564 medical malpractice verdict
In law school, Jaime was honored in the spring of 2011 with the CALI Award for Excellence in Mediation. She was also named to the Dean’s List in the fall of 2008 and was a recipient of Law Merit Scholarship from 2008 to 2011. During her second year of law school, Jaime was chosen as a member of the Research Staff of the DePaul Business and Commercial Law Journal, and in her third year served as Managing Editor of Lead Articles.
Outside of work, Jaime volunteers with the Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services hotline, a service that offers free legal advice for low-income residents of Cook County. Jaime graduated in 2008 from Miami University with a B.A. in Speech Communication and Journalism. She grew up in Prospect Heights, IL and graduated from Saint Viator High School. She now lives in Chicago with her husband and Rottweiler.
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2011
CALI Award for Excellence in Mediation Dean’s List Merit Scholarship 2008-2011
B.A., University of Miami, 2008
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois Bar Association
Women's Bar Association
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Young Lawyer’s Division
- Chicago Bar Association's Tort Committee, "So You're Trying Your First Nursing Home Case?: Some Things You Should Know," November 8, 2017.
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Board Walk Seminar, Lecturer, Nursing Home Litigation, "Depositions for Keeps," Atlantic City, NJ, April 27, 2016.
- Amazing Verdicts Seminar, Lecturer, January 26, 2016
- National Lewis University, Elder Law in a Nutshell, Lecturer, June 15, 2015.
- National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, Lecturer, "Mediation and Settlement in Nursing Home Cases," April 16, 2015.
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Lecturer, Nursing Home & Assisted Living Facility Litigation Seminar, "Liability Insurance Issues- Ethical, Practical, and Strategic Challenges" Collinsville, IL, February 12, 2015.
- Chicago Bar Association, Lecturer, Personal Injury Settlements, Probate Practice Committee Seminar, "Personal Injury Settlements in Probate," November 12, 2013.
- Women's Bar Association Newsletter, Legal Developments, Probate Estates in Survival and Wrongful Death Actions, September 2012.
- Emerging Lawyer Leading Lawyers 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2015, 2016, 2017
- Top “40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" in Illinois by Chicago Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2016