Jones Act, Maritime and Other Workplace Injuries
In some instances, a simple slip and fall can cause serious injury. Untreated injuries can become more severe with time, or sometimes these accidents can lead to death or severe disability. Personal injury lawsuits filed against your workplace, a local business, or another individual can therefore deal with the extraordinary costs that may be involved with your injury such as medical bills, loss of income, or inability to work.
At Levin & Perconti, our attorneys have successfully handled numerous cases personal injury and recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients, including:
E.P. v. American Tugs Inc et al.:
- $7.5 million Illinois Record Jones Act settlement for a 37-year-old man who sustained serious neck and spinal cord injuries in an Illinois boat explosion. This settlement surpassed Levin & Perconti's previous Record Jones Act settlement of $4.5 million, set in 2007.
To learn more, click here.
D.B. v. J.L. Adler Roofing Inc. et al.:
- $5.7 million settlement for a 27-year-old roofer in a workplace injury case who was paralyzed when he fell from a roof as a result of the general contractor's failure to provide appropriate safety devices.
J.T. v. Material Service Corporation:
- $4.5 million Former Illinois record Jones Act settlement for a deckhand whose leg was crushed between two barges resulting in an above the knee amputation.
I.R. v. A confidential construction company and contractor:
- $1.5 million construction site injury settlement for a 33-year-old man who sustained severe injuries after falling through a chimney stack opening that was not covered or marked on a residential construction site in Glencoe, Illinois.
D.R. v. Midwest Welding:
- $840,000 verdict for a man who sustained a workplace back injury resulting in multiple spinal surgeries.
J.C. and F.C. v. J.B. Hunt Transport and K.M:
- $750,000 settlement for a 27-year-old man who suffered a closed head injury and back, hand, and shoulder injuries while working at a Bartlett retailer. As our client was raised on a forklift unloading a shipment from a tractor trailer, the truck's driver pulled away from the loading dock without warning, catapulting our client and causing him to strike his head on the trailer's roof and fall.
S.N., Individually and as Mother and next friend of A.N., a minor v. James A. Huskey:
- $600,000 settlement for an 8-year-old girl who was struck by a boat, partially severing her foot and leaving her permanently disfigured with ongoing emotional and physical pain. The boat driver negligently failed to keep a lookout and maintain a safe speed.
M.H. v. Pickus Construction and Equipment Company, Inc. et al.:
- $600,000 settlement for a 47-year-old HVAC foreman who tripped over a piece of structural steel lying in a passageway of a construction site. The plaintiff fell on the piece of steel and suffered a severe back injury.
Our injury lawyers at Levin & Perconti have proudly represented victims of personal injury for over 20 years and may be able to help you seek justice for the harms caused to you or your loved ones. Call us at 312-332-2872 or contact us through our free online case evaluation form and an attorney will call you back at your convenience.