Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC
Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC is a short-stay skilled nursing facility in Las Cruces with a significant history of health and safety violations, which signifies the possibility that nursing home abuse and neglect may occur at this facility. Levin & Perconti can help residents and their families get justice for nursing home abuse at Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC.
- Why You Should Choose Levin & Perconti to Handle Your Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC Nursing Home Abuse Case
- Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC Ratings
- Health Violations at Las Cruces Of Cascadia, LLC
- How to Report Suspected Nursing Home Abuse at Las Cruces Of Cascadia, LLC
- Contact Levin & Perconti for Help with Your Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuit
Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC is a for-profit 50-bed skilled nursing facility that offers short-term post-hospital rehabilitation services. The owner is Cascadia Healthcare, LLC, a nursing home provider with skilled nursing facilities in six states and an overall rating of 3.3 out of five stars on Nursing Home Database, an independent resource that turns “CMS data into useful information.”
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has flagged one of Cascadia Healthcare’s facilities for abuse, which means abuse has or is likely to have occurred.
Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC is located at the following address:
175 N. Roadrunner Parkway
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Phone: (575) 386-5800
If you suspect your beloved family member is experiencing abuse at Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC, a Las Cruces nursing home abuse lawyer at Levin & Perconti can help your family hold the facility accountable.
Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC Ratings
Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC has earned a two-star rating from CMS, which is below average.
These ratings are not a reliable indication of whether nursing home abuse occurs or the quality of care each nursing home resident consistently receives. The CMS ratings are based on comparisons of nursing home inspections nationwide. Nursing homes suffer from low care quality overall, and nursing home abuse often goes unreported.
Nursing Home Database rates Las Cruces of Cascadia as number three of six facilities in a 10-mile radius and four of seven in a 25-mile radius.
This facility has a three-star CMS rating for staffing, which is average, with above-average hours of care from registered nurses and licensed practical nurses.
Health Violations at Las Cruces Of Cascadia, LLC
Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC’s health inspection rating is below average. The facility was denied payment by Medicare or Medicaid in 2020 and, in the last three years, has paid one federal fine — in the amount of $650 in 2021.
The state has received 20 complaints in the last three years that resulted in citations, including three infection control citations.
December 2021 Annual Health Inspection
The inspection that was completed on December 21, 2021, uncovered several serious deficient practices that could compromise residents’ health, safety, and quality of life, including the following:
- Failure to treat patients with respect and dignity
- Failure to ensure call lights for at least two residents were accessible, a finding that was also cited in the complaint inspection on October 31, 2022
- Failure to develop and implement a care plan for residents’ most immediate needs within 48 hours of admission, including needs related to insulin, anxiety medication, and assistance with activities of daily living
- Failure to develop and implement a reasonable discharge plan
- Failure to provide activities for residents to alleviate boredom and enhance social and emotional well-being
- Inadequate pressure ulcer care
- Insufficient pain management
- Failure to have an end date for an as-needed medication
- Inappropriate prescription of antipsychotic medication for depression
- Failure to obtain consent for psychotropic medication until seven days after implementation
- Failure to monitor medication side effects
- Improper storage of medication
- Unhygienic food handling practices
- Failure to complete advance directives properly
April 2022 Complaint Inspection
A complaint inspection completed on April 29, 2022, revealed the following deficiencies:
- Failure to provide bed baths or showers to residents who needed assistance, resulting in residents being deprived of these services for weeks at a time
- Improper storage of needles on top of medication carts, where they could have poked residents or been accessed by residents, visitors, and unauthorized personnel
- Failure to ensure all staff members were fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or appropriately test staff who were not
How to Report Suspected Nursing Home Abuse at Las Cruces Of Cascadia, LLC
If you suspect your loved one has experienced maltreatment at Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC, you do not have to allow it to continue. Instead, you can report the abuse to the following:
- The administrator of Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC
- The Division of Health Improvement at the New Mexico Department of Health, (800) 752-8649
- Adult Protective Services, (575) 373-5570
- The Las Cruces Police Department, (575) 528-4200
- An experienced Las Cruces nursing home abuse attorney
If you believe your loved one’s health and safety is in immediate jeopardy, call 911.
Why You Should Choose Levin & Perconti to Handle Your Las Cruces Nursing Home Abuse Case
Levin & Perconti is recognized as one of the most successful law firms in the nation at winning substantial verdicts and settlements in nursing home abuse cases. Our lawyers have more than 200 years of combined experience advocating for injured individuals, such as vulnerable nursing home residents, who otherwise would not be heard.
We consistently get results for our nursing home abuse clients like the following:
- $4.1 million record-breaking jury verdict for an injured 85-year-old nursing home resident whose medications were mismanaged
- $2.9 million record jury verdict for the family of a deceased 57-year-old resident who suffocated due to negligent tracheostomy tube care
- $2.3 million settlement for the family of an 88-year-old assisted living facility resident who died from complications precipitated by bedsores
- $1.5 million settlement for an 87-year-old nursing home resident who suffered severe burns while seated in a scalding sitz bath
Contact Levin & Perconti for Help with Your Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC Lawsuit
Nursing homes have a legal duty to provide a reasonable standard of care, including a safe environment free of abuse. Falling short of this standard constitutes medical malpractice. If you or your loved one has experienced nursing home abuse at Las Cruces of Cascadia, LLC, you may be entitled to substantial compensation.
Competent handling of a nursing home abuse case requires persistence and knowledge of nursing home laws and litigation. Levin & Perconti is one of the most highly respected nursing home abuse law firms in the country. We know what it takes to hold nursing homes accountable. Contact a nursing home abuse lawyer at Levin & Perconti today to schedule a free consultation.
Not only were they so professional but also so caring and thoughtful. It was very difficult going over the facts in our mother's case but they were so compassionate and understanding and allowed us to be with them every step of the way. We were able to sit in on the depositions and we were really able to see how hard they worked on our behalf.