With more than a decade of experience, Seth L. Cardeli is a skilled trial attorney representing families across the country who have suffered as a result of medical negligence and malpractice, including children who have been injured during labor and delivery.
Seth is well-versed in the many complex legal and medical issues surrounding birth injury claims. He regularly conducts educational seminars for other attorneys on important aspects of litigation, such as taking depositions and dealing with obstacles to the discovery process. Seth recently gave a lecture on Basic Fetal Heart Rate Patterns, Nomenclature, and Etiology, in which he taught lawyers how to interpret electronic fetal heart rate tracings used to gain valuable information about babies during labor. Seth has also authored multiple articles for legal journals focused on trial work, writing on topics such as how negligence can occur during the resuscitation of a newborn baby.
After law school, Seth began practicing at a well-known personal injury firm in New York City, where he handled a range of personal injury matters, representing victims of defective products, construction accidents, and motor vehicle accidents, as well as medical malpractice. After three years practicing in the New York area, Seth relocated to Maryland to join a law firm that enabled him to represent victims of medical malpractice all over the country, having been admitted pro hac vice in numerous jurisdictions including, Arizona, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
This wealth of knowledge informs Seth’s advocacy and has helped him secure millions of dollars for families all over the country whose loved ones have been seriously or fatally injured in preventable tragedies. Noted as an emerging leader in this area of practice, Seth was recently recognized by The Best Lawyers in America – Medical Malpractice and has been honored multiple times as a Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Some of Seth’s most notable achievements include:
Seth is an active member of the country’s premier professional association for trial lawyers, the American Association for Justice (“AAJ”), having graduated from AAJ’s Leadership Academy. He also serves on AAJ’s PAC Task Force, Membership Oversight Committee, Public Affairs Committee, and Publications Committee. He serves as the Co-Chair of AAJ’s Birth Trauma Litigation Group and the Chair of AAJ’s Membership Oversight Committee.
Living in Maryland with his family, Seth spends his free time playing baseball with his son and having dance parties with his daughter.
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2008
B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2004
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- Seth represents clients nationwide, having been admitted pro hac vice in a number of jurisdictions throughout the country.
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
American Association for Justice (“AAJ”)
Co-chair, AAJ Birth Trauma Litigation Group, 2022-2024
Board of Governors, 2022-2025
- Maryland Association for Justice (“MAJ”)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (“NYSTLA”)
- Illinois State Bar Association (“ISBA”)
- National Trial Lawyers (“NTL”)
Selected Professional Presentations
- AAJ Education’s 5th Annual Electronic Fetal Monitoring in Birth Injury Cases Seminar, New Orleans, LA, March 10-11, 2022
- AAJ Education’s Perfecting Remote Depositions Workshop, August 2020
- Basic Fetal Heart Rate Patterns, Nomenclature, and Etiology Webinar, April 2020
- Trial Advocacy College: Depositions, April 2020
- AAJ Discovery Obstruction Seminar, November 2019
- Trial Advocacy College: Depositions, June 2019
- AAJ Webinar Depositions: Preserving Objections, September 2017
- Thwart the Assault on Future Medical Expenses, NYSTLA, January 2016
- Intake Factors to Consider, AAJ Annual Convention, July 2015
Selected Professional Publications
- Nothing Good Happens After 3 Hours: Recent Literature Questions ACOG’s Guidance on the 2nd Stage of Labor, AAJ Birth Trauma Litigation Group Journal, July 2021
- “The Clock Doesn’t Stop at Delivery,” AAJ Birth Trauma Litigation Group Newsletter, Winter 2019
- “A Peek Inside the Jury Room,” AAJ Trial Magazine, August 2018
- “Thwart the Assault on Future Medical Expenses,” AAJ Trial Magazine. May 2014.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in AmericaⓇ – Medical Malpractice, since 2021
- Top 10 Medical Malpractice Settlement in the United States, 2020
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016 – 2018, 2020 – 2021
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014 – 2020
During that time, my family and I suffered the loss of my mother. Mr. Levin and Mr. Peconti were more than just our lawyers. Words can’t really express our gratitude. My family and I will always be grateful for the compassion that they showed us. I want to thank you for what you did for my family, and for always being there for us.
Margaret’s representation, guidance, and professionalism gave us the sense that we could put our trust in Levin & Perconti and the final outcome proved that to be true.
Not only were they so professional but also so caring and thoughtful. It was very difficult going over the facts in our mother's case but they were so compassionate and understanding and allowed us to be with them every step of the way. We were able to sit in on the depositions and we were really able to see how hard they worked on our behalf.
During that time, my family and I suffered the loss of my mother. Mr. Levin and Mr. Perconti were more than just our lawyers. Words can’t really express our gratitude.
They were most patient and responded timely to many questions throughout the entire process. All demonstrated professionalism and extensive knowledge of case and state laws. Their in-depth investigative work uncovered details which were unknown to us and yet sadly confirmed our suspicions. We would recommend the Levin and Perconti Law firm and especially this team.