LaSalle County Nursing Home Information
LaSalle County, IL is located about 90 miles from Chicago. This proximity makes it easy for the lawyers at Levin & Perconti to meet with clients and investigate nursing home abuse and neglect cases in LaSalle County and towns such as Marseilles, Ottawa, Peru, Sandwich, and Streator.
Since 1992, our attorneys have been committed to protecting the safety and well-being of nursing home residents throughout the state in all types of nursing home lawsuits. We know that all too often, abuse and negligence in nursing homes is the result of understaffing and owners putting profits before the people they serve.
We stand by the belief that all residents, no matter their age, race or gender, should be treated with respect and dignity, and we strive to hold any and all wrongdoers responsible for their mistreatment of vulnerable residents. These lawsuits communicate to nursing home owners that poor care and abuse will never go unnoticed, thereby motivating owners and corporations to provide better care to avoid litigation.
What Can I do if I Suspect My Loved One is a Victim of Abuse or Neglect?
Nursing home negligence and abuse is found in many forms. Family members and friends of residents should know how to spot abuse and neglect to better protect their loved ones’ safety. Common types of negligence or signs include:
- Nursing home falls
- Bed sores
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Medication errors
- Clogged tracheostomy or gastric tubes
Often, victims of abuse and neglect cannot speak for themselves. Therefore it is up to friends and relatives to lend their voices to this vulnerable population in order to protect the safety of current and future residents.
There are time limitations for filing nursing home lawsuits in Illinois, so you should act early if you think a loved one has suffered at the hands of a long-term care facility. There is no risk in pursuing a lawsuit because you will not pay us attorneys’ fees until or unless we successfully resolve your case.
All initial case consultations are free and during this time you will talk one-on-one with a lawyer who can help you determine if you have a potential cause of action.
You can reach us toll-free at 877-374-1417, or fill out our website’s Contact Us form and an attorney will call you back. You may also submit a summary of your case to one of our online chat operators, and he or she will promptly pass along your contact information to a member of our litigation team.
As mentioned above, we have experience handling cases in your area. Below are some of the LaSalle County nursing homes we have handled cases against, along with ownership information and the nursing home’s star rating.
- Name of Nursing Home: Rivershores Care Center
- Address: 578 W Commercial Street, Marseilles, IL 61341
- Type of Ownership:* LLC
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:* S. Klein, B. Levinson
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 2 stars out of 5 stars
- Name of Nursing Home: Pleasant View Luther Home
- Address: 505 College Ave, Ottawa, IL 61350
- Type of Ownership:* Non-profit
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:* not provided
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 4 stars out of 5 stars
- Name of Nursing Home: Ottawa Pavilion
- Address: 800 E Center Street, Ottawa, IL 61350
- Type of Ownership:* For-Profit Corporation
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:* M.Aaron
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 5 stars out of 5 stars
- Name of Nursing Home: Manor Court of Peru
- Address: 3230 Bekcer Drive, Peru, IL 61354
- Type of Ownership:* Non-Profit Corporation
- Owner(s) with 20 percent or greater interest:*
- CMS Nursing Home Compare Overall Rating:** 4 out of 5 stars
* Information from the Illinois Department of Public Health’s Nursing Homes in Illinois website on 9/25/2012
** Information from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Nursing Home Compare website on 9/25/2012
Not only were they so professional but also so caring and thoughtful. It was very difficult going over the facts in our mother's case but they were so compassionate and understanding and allowed us to be with them every step of the way. We were able to sit in on the depositions and we were really able to see how hard they worked on our behalf.