Kelly Sabo GadenPartner
Kelly Sabo Gaden is an advocate for victims of nursing home abuse and neglect and medical malpractice. With more than a decade of experience in handling personal injury matters, Kelly has secured more than $50 million in jury verdicts and settlements for people who have been seriously or fatally injured in long term care facilities.
Kelly works hard to protect her clients’ interests and is dedicated to guiding them through every step along the way through litigation and settlement to ensure that they receive the compensation they deserve and the justice to which they are entitled.
Before joining Levin & Perconti, Kelly led the long term care and medical malpractice group at another prominent Chicago personal injury law firm, where she obtained several record-setting verdicts on behalf of her clients.
Some of Kelly’s most notable verdicts and settlements include:
- $1.675 million settlement against an assisted living facility settlement for a 93-year-old resident who died of exposure.
- $1.5 million settlement against a community integrated living arrangement agency on behalf of the family of a 31-year-old who sustained traumatic brain injuries and died.
- $1.225 million settlement against a supportive living facility and a nursing home for the death of an 87-year-old who fell.
- $1.011 million in a record-setting verdict against a nursing home for a resident who fell during a transfer. This is the highest verdict ever awarded in Illinois for a hip fracture without a death.
- $972,000 jury verdict against a nursing home and management company for the death of a nursing home resident who fell.
- $895,000 settlement against a nursing home facility for a resident who eloped from the facility and froze to death due to hypothermia.
Kelly is dedicated to mentoring young lawyers, particularly women, to develop and maximize their talents. An active member of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, Kelly helps organize events to provide networking opportunities for women lawyers to connect and learn from one another. She’s also involved with the Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association, the American Association for Justice and its Nursing Home Litigation Group, and the Illinois State Bar Association.
While in law school, Kelly contributed to the article, “Kelo vs. City of New London: An Argument for Banning Economic Development Takings,” which was published in the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. She also received the CALI Award for Property. Kelly is a graduate of Augustana College, where she had the honor of serving as the 144th Annual Commencement Student Speaker.
Kelly is involved with many charitable organizations, including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Originally from south suburban Orland Park, Kelly lives in Chicago with her husband, Brian and daughters, Charlotte (“Charlie”) and Amelia. A sports enthusiast, Kelly enjoys cheering for Chicago sports teams, particularly the Chicago Bears. In her spare time, Kelly enjoys experiencing different cultures through travel and cuisine.
J.D., Capital University Law School, 2007
B.A., Augustana College, 2004
American Association for Justice (AAJ)
AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Group (NHLG)
Elected Executive Committee Member at Large, 2020-2021
American Bar Association (ABA)
Illinois Trial Lawyer Association (ITLA)
Board of Managers, 2020-2021
Board of Advocates, 2019-2020
Women’s Caucus, 2017 - Present
Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (WBAI)
Civil Litigation Committee Co-Chair, 2018-2021
Judicial Reception Committee Co-Chair, 2020 – 2021
Annual Dinner Committee, 2020
Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Presented at the Exigent Medical Litigation Summit on “Nursing Home Litigation,” February 2020
- WBAI Judicial Reception 2021 - Interview with Judge Van Tine
- Top 100 Verdicts, 2016, 2018
- Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2016 - 2017, 2021
- Top Women Lawyers, Chicago Daily Herald Business Ledger, 2018
- Top 40 under 40, Civil Plaintiff National Trial Lawyers, 2019
- Lawyers of Distinction in Medical Malpractice Law, 2019
- Emerging Leader, Leading Lawyers, 2019
- Leading Lawyer, Leading Lawyers, 2020