Chicago Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
Chicago and Cook County Nursing Homes
At Levin & Perconti, we closely follow all instances of nursing home abuse throughout Chicago and Cook County. When considering nursing homes for your loved ones, it is important to look at the track record of each home. Review our list of nursing homes with past incidences of misconduct and violations.
- Symphony Nursing Homes
- Aperion Care Nursing Homes
- Lexington Nursing Homes
- ManorCare Nusing Homes
- Alden Nursing Homes
With the prevalence of neglect and abuse in America’s nursing homes, it is important for family members of nursing home residents to be on the lookout for signs of problems, including things like:
- Rapid weight loss.
- Unexplained bruises and other injuries.
- The development of bedsores.
- Falls, especially if they become more than an isolated incident.
- Sudden agitation or emotional withdrawal.
- Unusual depression or lack of interests in activities they previously enjoyed.
- Staff substituting strong medications or sedatives for supervision.
- Caretakers being unable to provide a satisfactory explanation for a patient’s condition.
If you would like to learn more about the issues encountered by residents of long-term nursing home or assisted living facilities, or to view our database of Illinois nursing homes, visit the Chicago Nursing Home Lawyer Information Center.Types Of Nursing Home Cases Handled By Levin & Perconti
Abuse and negligence in nursing homes and assisted living facilities come in many different forms. At Levin & Perconti we represent injured nursing home residents, as well as the families of those whose abuse has resulted in the death of the resident in cases involving matters such as:
- Bed Sores, Pressure Sores, and Decubitus Ulcers
- Malnutrition and Dehydration
- Clogged Breathing Tubes
- Medication Errors
- Physical or Chemical Restraints
- Wandering and Elopement From Facilities
- Elder Abuse
- Physical and Sexual Assault or Abuse
- Verbal Abuse
- Alzheimer’s and Other Forms of Dementia
- Chicago Nursing Home Whistleblower Hotline Issues
Levin & Perconti is one of the nation's most recognized and respected leaders in the areas of elder abuse and nursing home negligence litigation. Both in and out of the courtroom, our attorneys are leading the charge to create an environment where substandard care will not be tolerated and the abuse of residents will be punished swiftly. Our attorneys have obtained over $160 million in nursing home verdicts and settlements for neglected residents and their families, including a record-setting $3 million bed sore settlement.
Our founding partner, nationally renowned nursing home lawyer Steven Levin, as well as other members of the firm, frequently address audiences around the country on nursing home abuse and neglect issues. Mr. Levin also leads high-profile educational seminars for other lawyers in an effort to increase professional awareness and understanding of these issues.
If you believe that a loved one may be the victim of nursing home neglect or elder abuse in Chicago or throughout Illinois, you should take action quickly and contact Levin & Perconti online or call us at 877-374-1417 or 312-332-2872 to set up a free consultation with an experienced Chicago elder abuse lawyer.