Personal injury lawsuits come about when individuals suffer injuries or are caused damage by either careless or intentional actions of another entity, or are harmed by dangerous or defective products. Once a court of law determines that the offending party is liable, or legally responsible, for the injury or damages they may be forced to monetarily compensate the victims for their damages.DAMAGES IN A PERSONAL INJURY CASE
There are two categories of damages that can be awarded in a personal injury case: compensatory damages, and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are awards that are intended to put the injured party back in the same position that they would have been in had they not been injured, such as medical bills and lost wages. Punitive damages are damages that are sometimes awarded by a court with the intent of punishing a bad-actor, and to prevent them from hurting others in the future.TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY CASES WE HANDLE
At Levin & Perconti, our expert legal team handles all types of litigation arising from personal injury cases for clients in both the Chicago area and throughout the state of Illinois, including cases stemming from:
- Medical Malpractice
- Injuries Occurring At Birth
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents
- Dangerous or Defective Products
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Work Related Injuries
- Wrongful Deaths
…and many other personal injury situations.HOW THE LEGAL TEAM AT LEVIN & PERCONTI CAN HELP YOU
Injuries that people suffer through these types of accidents are often severe, resulting in long term or even life-long issues, as well as in many cases causing immediate financial hardships for both the victims and their families. At Levin & Perconti, our expert Chicago personal injury lawyers know that your immediate priorities after suffering one of these traumatic events are to make sure that your medical expenses are covered, that you and your family will not suffer financial hardships because of your time off work and the lost wages that go with it, and to ensure that the insurance companies will cover the future treatments that you may need because of your injuries.
Our compassionate personal injury team will discuss the situation surrounding your injury, evaluate your potential personal injury claim, and explain to you the various options and strategies that are available to assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys work with the other parties that are involved in your case, as well as their insurance companies, to see that your needs will be handled as quickly and appropriately as possible.
If you or a loved one has been injured, contact a representative of Levin & Perconti online or speak with us by telephone 877-374-1417 or 312-332-2872 for a free and confidential consultation with a personal injury attorney. There is no obligation to retain our services, and you will pay no fees until we successfully resolve your claim.
- New EPA Administrator Refuses to Ban Use of Insecticide Proven to Cause Brain Damage The new head of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Scott Pruitt, was given the chance to ban chlorpyrifos use on America's food crops and chose to turn a blind eye to the proven harmful
- Illinois is Good for Business, so Why Don't Our Workers' Comp Premiums Reflect That? Earlier this week on our blog, we shared facts from the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA) regarding the recent growth boom of Illinois businesses. Governor Rauner would like Illinois residents
- LIFEPAK 1000 Defibrillators Recalled Due To Sudden Power Loss The Food & Drug Administration has issued a Class I recall for LIFEPAK 1000 defribillators, distributed by Physio-Control Inc., one of the nation's largest suppliers of defibrillators to