Megan O’Connor has extensive experience counseling clients on complex medical malpractice and personal injury matters. A proven trial attorney and committed advocate on behalf of people who are injured, Megan has a strong track record of obtaining millions of dollars in settlements and awards for her clients and their families.
Driven to help others, Megan helps lend a voice to those who otherwise might not have access to justice. She guides her clients through a difficult time in their lives to secure the compensation they deserve.
Before joining Levin & Perconti, Megan was an attorney for civil rights and personal injury law firms in Chicago where she represented children in foster care who were injured while in the care of social services, and practiced in the areas of medical malpractice, and personal injury.
Megan graduated cum laude with a degree in philosophy from North Central College in Naperville, Ill. Megan then attended Loyola University Chicago School of Law, earning her Juris Doctor and a certificate in Advocacy.
During law school, Megan was a Dean’s List student and received a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Transnational Dispute Resolution. Megan was also twice recognized as a top oral advocate at the National Moot Court Competition for Child Welfare and Adoption Law. This is where Megan found her passion to help foster and adoptive children and families.
Megan’s most notable verdicts and settlements total nearly $100 million and include:
J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2012
B.A., North Central College, cum laude, 2005
- District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar), Central District of Illinois, Southern District of Illinois and Northern District of Ohio
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, Committee Chair
- Illinois Trial Lawyer Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyer Association, Women’s Caucus
- American Association of Justice
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2017 – 2022
- Top “40 Attorneys Under Forty to Watch” in Illinois, Chicago Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2022
- Top 20 Verdicts in Illinois, 2019 #15, Estate of Myers v. Advocate Health and Hospitals Corp.
- National Law Journal Top 100 Verdicts, 2018: #50 Chicago Trust Company as Administrator of the Estate of Lavandis Hudson v. Lutheran Social Services of Illinois et. al.
- Top 20 Verdicts in Illinois, 2018 #5 Chicago Trust Company as Administrator of the Estate of Lavandis Hudson v. Lutheran Social Services of Illinois et. al.
- Top 50 Verdicts in Illinois, 2016 #9 Estate of M.K. v. American Water Heater Co.
- “Investigating Foster Care Cases: Tips for Getting a Case off the Ground,” Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Trial & Practice Tips Seminar, May 2022
- “Wrongful Death- Survival Actions and Implications on the Probate Estate,” Co-Presenter for Chicago Bar Association Probate Committee, May 2021
- “Navigating Fertility Issues,” Panel Moderator for Women’s Bar Association, February 2021
- “Advocating for Foster Youth,” Presentation for American Association of Justice Conference, July 2018
- “Eyes Wide Open: The Duty of Child Welfare Agencies in Illinois to Disclose,” Trial Journal, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Winter 2013 (coauthor)